Last updated: August 20, 2021
This page states the Privacy Notice under which You, the Web Site visitor ("You" or “Your” or “Yourself”) may use or correspond with this Website (“Learning Designed”, “Site”), which is currently owned and operated by CAST, Inc., a 501c3 nonprofit organization incorporated in Massachusetts, USA, ("We", “Us”, “Our”) as one of the three Lead Partner Organizations within the UDL Credentialing and Certification Initiative (UDLCCI).
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify You, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as Your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to Your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. By visiting Our Site Learning Designed, You acknowledge that You have read and understood and processes and policies referred to in this Privacy Notice.
How we may collect and process information about this Site's users
- We may share your personal information with third parties, such as organization partners, content partners, service providers or other organizations (i) where the third party or we have your consent; (ii) where legally required or entitled to do so; (iii) where the third party is acting as our agent, contractor or service provider and has agreed to handle your personal information in confidence and in accordance with applicable laws; and (iv) where business mergers, divestments or acquisitions are involved. For example, when you register for certain sales promotions, we may share your personal information with a partner organization or content partners that can help meet your needs.
- We also gather non-personal information through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This non-personal information collected includes click-throughs, IP addresses, and usage data. This non-personal information allows us to better tailor our content to site users' needs
For the purposes mentioned above, We will only transfer Your Personal Data to trusted third parties who provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures. For any transfer of Personal Data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to third parties, We will ensure there is adequate protection under European law.
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY: Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of Your Personal Data with third parties. If You reside in California and have provided Your Personal Data to Us, You may request information about Our disclosures of certain categories of Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests may be submitted to Us via the contact information provided below.
You have the rights to request from Us, amongst others:
- Access to a number of information concerning Your Personal Data and the way We are processing them;
- Rectification of inaccurate or incorrect Personal Data;
- Erasure of Personal Data;
- Restriction of or objection to processing Personal Data;
- Oppose and cease to use Your Personal Data for any direct marketing purpose; and
- To receive Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, enabling You to transmit the data to another controller.
To exercise Your rights or for more information on the full extent of Your rights, please contact Us by mail or e-mail at the addresses indicated below. Please attach to Your request a copy of an official identity document.
Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to us through our Site represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this Site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this Site. We may post a notice on our Site if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the Site. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com
Changes and Updates
We may occasionally update this Privacy Notice. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date on the Privacy Notice. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how we are protecting the Personal Information we collect. Your continued use of our Site constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any updates.
Postal Mail Address:
Attention: Information Officer
178 Albion St., Suite 210
Wakefield, MA 01880